The Mustard Seeds of Hope planned giving program offers a variety of options to extend hope to those in need. We would be privileged to partner with you to combine solid financial planning with compassionate giving to offer lasting life change to the homeless.
Planned gifts reflect a donor's commitment to an organization, cause or issue.
A planned gift:
- Can give you a substantial tax advantage
- Gives you the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy within the context of sound financial and estate planning
There are a variety of planned giving opportunities. These include both present and deferred gifts.
A donation of stock
- This is a highly beneficial way of giving to The Mustard Seed that can result in significant tax credits and savings.
Please use this form to advise your broker of stock donations.
Life insurance (cash value)
- If you own an existing policy and transfer ownership to The Mustard Seed, the existing cash value represents a present gift, and you will receive a charitable tax receipt equal to the amount of the cash value.
- You create a gift now, but The Mustard Seed receives the benefits of the gift at some later time.
Bequests in a will
- By leaving a portion (or all) of your estate to The Musatrd Seed, you are able to make a long-term commitment without affecting your current standard of living.
Gifts of RRSPs or RRIFs
- Transform tax liabilities into a charitable gift by donating money from your retirement funds.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
- This involves the transfer of property into a trust, all or part of which is donated to The Mustard Seed upon your passing.
The Mustard Seed has partnered with The Family Office, a progressive multi-service wealth management firm in Calgary dedicated to integrating philanthropic giving as part of an organized, ongoing and long-term approach to gifting. Together with The Family Office, we can help you create an appropriate philanthropic program that will ensure the social legacy you leave is created using dollars that were previously allocated to taxes. You will be able to effectively transfer government directed tax dollars to your self-directed legacy, ultimately benefiting the causes you wish to support.
We want to help you leave a lasting legacy. For more information on how we can help you arrange your planned giving, please call 403-269-1319.
For more information on The Family Office, please visit www.thefamilyoffice.ca.
IMPORTANT: The Mustard Seed offers this information with the understanding that we do not render legal, accounting, or other specific professional advice. We recommend that you consult your own professional advisors.