Programs & Services Edmonton
The Mustard Seed offers a wide variety of programs and services to encourage sustainable life change. These efforts focus on meeting the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of those who come to
The Mustard Seed so they can have a better future.
Providing Basic Services shows the community in a very tangible way that they are loved by providing access to:
- Evening meals are served six nights per week. For more information, click here.
- Food Depot, an outlet for the Edmonton Food Bank, provides food hampers to those in need.
- Personal Assistance Centre provides household goods, personal items, clothes, and work boots. The Personal Assistance Centre is based on the belief that everyone is equal and should be given the opportunity to present themselves in a dignified manner. Our intake workers also connect people with other support - emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Personal Assistance Centre (PAC) is open:
Mondays 1:00pm - 4:30 PM
Thursdays 1:00pm - 4:30 PM
Community Development Programs
Community Development Programs emphasize a capacity building framework, which encourages working in partnership with individuals.
The Community Development area:Works with individuals to discover and develop skills and talents.
- Includes small group and community building opportunities.
- Empowers people to speak for themselves and facilitates communication with other support systems through a Community Advocacy Program.
- Helps develop physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual well-being.
Click here for a list of current Community Development Programs
Community Justice Services
Community Justice Services builds safe and healthy neighbourhoods by involving the faith community in supporting prisoners released into the Edmonton area. The program:Works in partnership with Corrections Services Canada, local institutions and half-way houses to provide support for men and women leaving prison and returning to the community,
- Facilitates a reintegration support group,
- Offers a volunteer mentorship program,
- Provides pastoral care to former inmates and their families, and
- Provides follow-up on reintegrating prisoners back into the community.
The Mustard Seed provides opportunities for the community to meet their spiritual needs through various services. These include:Connecting people with faith communities - creating relationships that work to strengthen individuals' faith and sense of community,
- Faith companions - volunteers who offer spiritual support, share Christian literature, and pray with individuals, and
- Small group opportunities - gatherings that help individuals learn and grow through life experiences.
Are you interested in becoming involved? Please call (780) 426-5600 or email email@example.com